- Fresh Italian Bread - sliced a little thick
- Tomato - slice it to cover the bread
- Fresh Mozzarella - I slice it about 1/4 inch and cover the bread
- Butter - butter both slices of bread like a grilled cheese sandwich
My version of Basil Pesto Ingredients
*Truthfully I dont know how to make pesto, but what I did make was delicious, so I'll share it :)
If you've noticed in the past, my measurements are pretty much "a little of this and a little of that." So I apologize once again for the vagueness in my directions and ingredients. I hope it still helps!
Ingredients for "Pesto" - mix together over low/med heat
- Tomato Paste
- Dried Fire Roasted Tomato flakes
- Some Garlic Powder
- Some Italian Seasoning
- Butter the bread, throw the slices in your panini to warm both sides of each - for just a bit.
- Then lay a good amount of pesto on one of the slices of bread
- Slap some Fresh mozz on the pesto
- On the other slice throw on your tomatoes
- Put the two halves together and continue cooking in the panini grill med-high setting until crispy, and you can see the fresh mozz all melty.
- Enjoy :)