Monday, April 16, 2012

Go Ahead Grease Stain, Make My Day!


You know how children have "play" clothes, so they can run and play outside, get dirty and its all fine and dandy. Well this girl {me} should probably definitely have a set of cooking clothes and probably some eating clothes as well. I know there are things out there called aprons, but we'll forget about that for a second. :)

I am seriously the worlds messiest cook and although I'm a fantastic eater..{ I brag because I CANT STAND open mouth chewers and loud chewers}, I always seem to get some sort stain on me. I mean its just a given, if I wear white or light colors, well its just fate. I always get stuff on my clothes and usually I'm lucky that the stains come out in the wash with no special treatment. Well that was until recently..

dun dun dun..

A couple of weeks ago I was cooking, while wearing a pair of my favorite pants. Grease splattered on them, oh no. So I just did what I always do, threw them in the wash, with no special care. Low and behold the grease stain was still prominent after a wash and dry. Yikes. I wasn't going to let go of these pants so I was determined to salvage them - so I scoured the Internet.

This is what I found:
Many people said that if you had already washed and dried the item it would be hard to get the grease stain out.. I wasn't having it or believing it, mainly because I didn't want to. Good thing I didn't.

I read quite a few different things and many of them said combine Dawn dish soap and Baking Soda to make a paste and leave it for 30 minutes..  Gotta love the Internet!!

What I did:
First I squirted the Palmolive Dish Soap right on the spot, then slopped some baking soda on, mixed it and massaged it in with a clean, damp dish towel. I didn't have 30 minutes to spare so I gambled on 5. Then, I threw them in the wash at the hottest setting on a shorter cycle since I was strapped for time.


And it totally worked!! I'm so excited about this, I've sadly lost many items to grease.. not anymore :)


No comments:

Post a Comment