Monday, March 12, 2012

Ombre Hair

After thinking about it way too long, I finally got the ombre look. I did it myself and it was really easy! Well, actually, I tried and FAILED earlier in the week. First, I bought blond hair dye which I found out does not work, at all. My hair didn't change - not even half of a shade. You probably knew that, but I was totally unaware. Later in the week, while at Target, I saw some highlighting frost on sale, so I decided to give it another go! After researching on the web I found out that the frost worked and dye did not. I probably should have researched it in the first place but that's me, always rushing.

 I really don't know much about coloring hair because my hair has been natural for quite a while. I don't frequent the salon because of many bad hair dresser experiences I had when I was younger. The majority of ladies that did my hair back then, did not know how to manage my curly & wavy hair and I would leave the salon looking like a 90 year old lady. It was terrible! So to this day, I just cut, trim and now dye, or frost, my hair myself. It usually works out nicely. Thank goodness for the Internet and lovely tutorials!! In this case, I'm truly liking the ombre look. I was afraid my hair would be orange because I didn't know how to time it correctly. I frosted the bottom up about 3 or 4 inches, left that for like 8 minutes, then frosted higher. From start to finish I had frost in my hair for about 35 minutes. It worked for me. I'm not sure how well I love it when my hair is straight but I love the look when my hair is curled!



This is the only picture I have of it so far, so I apologize that it is a bit blurry. 
What do you think of the new ombre hair? 



Nice 'n Easy Frost - Clearance $4.75




7 comments:

  1. So great that you did it yourself, looks amazing!
    xx

    Be Frassy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Audrey! I'm looooving your blog!

      Delete
  2. um, i LOVE it. and i can't wait for our adventure of deal seeking proportions tomrorow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I can't wait either, I feel like its Christmas Eve!! hah. Great Job picking our route!

      Delete
  3. You look fabolous in it! =)

    - Victoria
    www.Vickkitas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, the ombre looks good!

    ReplyDelete