Saturday, March 3, 2012

DIY: TWO TONED CUTOUT SHOES

After beginning months ago, I am finally done with my DIY Two Toned Cutout Shoes. Initially, a spray paint malfunction created a temporary fail, setting the project back a little bit. I got stuck during the spray painting process. Have I ever said how TERRIBLE I am at spray painting? I'm pretty sure spray paint is to make painting easier but wow I lack those simple skills. Any who, I decided to stick with what I know.. semi-gloss paint.. and here are the results:



I began the process with an exacto knife and a pencil. Using the pencil, I drew triangles on my shoes to mark the places I would cut out. Then I began cutting them out. I was actually surprised at how incredibly easy it was to do this. I used more of a poking motion than a slicing as the knife has to penetrate a few small layers. Cutting triangles was really easy, I'm not sure how successful I would have been if they were circles. 


Before the spray paint debacle.


Post debacle.




After the cut outs are made and past fails are put far, far behind you, you will need a bucket o' paint and a small foam brush. Paint a couple of layers, or until there is full coverage.  They dry fairly quickly, so there is not a whole lot of time to anxiously await. :) I originally wanted to do white with the black but I didn't have any in the house and could resist.






















3 comments:

  1. HI DEAR! THANK YOU FOR THE LOVELY COMMENT ON MY POST, YOU'RE SO NICE! GREAT SHOES AND AMAZING BLOG! I'M A NEW FOLLOWER AND I HOPE YOU FOLLOW ME BACK! HAVE A NICE WEEK! XOXO

    http://www.ladyfairy-scloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that turned out really good! Wish I had some shoes like that because this I would really like to try out!

    Thank for your comment on my blog too, I am currently collecting links to DIY and fashion blogs to have on my site and you will be on it!

    Madeleine http://ragstocouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Madeleine :) I'm sure you could do it with many types of shoes! Happy DIY-ing!

      <3 Ashley

      Delete