Thursday, February 23, 2012

DRESSER UPDATE

  • Hand Sander (around $5 at your local hardware store)
  • Painters Tape
  • Paint - 2 Different Colors (glossy)
  • Paint Roller & Paint Brush
  • Drop Cloth (optional)
Directions: First sand as well as you can. I purchased a plastic drop cloth because I sanded it inside my home (probably not the best idea). While there was some dust in the air, the drop cloth grabbed most of it. After sanding, wipe clean with a damp cloth. When dry, begin to paint, thinner is better when painting furniture because it will dry faster. You will need to make a few coats most likely of your base paint. When the base is dry, use the painters tape to create the design for your second paint. Then, get painting. Grab a drink, let it dry, and unveil your new accented storage piece!

I l-o-v-e finds like this. Okay, so I didn't actually find this, it kind of found me (even better). 
My boyfriend's mother was getting ready to sell her house and was preparing to declutter. She asked me if I wanted it and I was thrilled. Old furniture is like gold to me. Whether beat up, painted, or just dirty, it is almost always able to be restored. Unlike today, the majority of furniture made in the past was made out of real wood. Furniture made of real wood is so easy to restore, and it usually has interesting accents, not to mention that it holds up for a long time!


No comments:

Post a Comment